Bicol Pinangat (Regular), 500g (pack of 2)
Also called 'tilmok,' tinuktok' or 'tinulmok' in some areas of Bicol, this dish is prepared by wrapping coconut meat, shrimps, smoked fish, and aromatics in gabi leaves. It is then cooked in low fire for hours in coconut milk and lemongrass until fork-tender.
Originating from the town of Camalig, Albay, this is a favorite among locals and tourists alike. Enjoy it on its own or with fried or grilled fish or meat.
Ingredients: Taro (gabi) leaves, shrimp, smoked fish, coconut meat, coconut milk, lemongrass, aromatics, salt, and pepper.
Prep photos from the Best of Bicol Food Tour.
Also available: Spicy Bicol Pinangat (500g, pack of 2)
- The product is delivered frozen wrapped in foil and inside a boilable bag.
- Drop boilable bag in boiling water and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Thaw and then remove from boilable bag.
- Place 1/4 cup of water in a pan, place foil pack, and cover.
- Heat over medium fire and steam reheat for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the pan and serve.